Friday 15 January 2016

Rub, Rub, Rub, Shower Scrub and Five Golden Rings Bubble Bar review.



 Hello Everyone,

I hope you are all well and enjoying this exceptionally frosty January, which is the only month of the year that seems to drag its feet along like a stubborn child. It's OK, though, we have some lovely treats to warm up all the body parts and refresh you this season. I forgot to mention the wonders of two lush products in my last post, but rather than just add them on I felt a bit generous and so I've decided to give them their own special place; which wonders could this be you may ask? The "Rub, Rub, Rub" shower scrub and Five golden rings of course.

Rub, Rub, Rub, Shower Scrub. Price: £8.95 for 350g, £14.95 for 665g. Vegan-Friendly! 
I received "Rub, Rub, Rub" as a very generous Christmas present from my mother and Phil, who thought I would need it in Egypt to remind them of the sea-side smell, just because I didn't return to Egypt does not mean I have not enjoyed the fragrance that this tub of joy has to offer.
Whilst offering the sea-side smell thanks to the use of Sea-salts, the product also offers a fine combination of a sweet and refreshing Jasmine, lemon, orange flower and mimosa oil to give it almost a fresh flower fragrance as well, surprisingly complimenting the sea-salts and perhaps taking the harsh fragrance of sea down a notch, leaving only a sweet and fresh air fragrance.
Whilst the sea-salts get to work at scrubbing away all the dead skin and nasty dirty that remains on the body, with the gentle, soothing powers of mimosa and the moisturising powers of Jasmine ensure that the skin is not left feeling damaged after the scrubbing session, in fact, working to calm and soothe any inflammation or irritation. This combination is what gives Rub, Rub, Rub it's magic power, which leaves the skin feeling smooth, fresh and smelling fantastic for hours whilst allowing the user to feel totally relaxed. Normally, I would not go into Lush looking out for a shower scrub product, but this may have convinced me to try their range as it was overall a product which did exactly what it said on the tin, it left my body feeling so relaxed, moisturised and relieved of any dirt or dead skin; Beautiful product.
Rating: 5/5. 

Five Golden Rings (Christmas Range) £4.75 Vegan-Friendly. 

Glitter lovers will love these little gems, unless like myself you only like a tiny sparkle in your bath. Personally, I loved these five little golden rings, I really felt as though I got more for my money because you could simply place one in the bath and it would be enough bubbles, at the same time, creating a mild scent and leaving your skin feeling soft, glittered and fully relaxed. "Five Golden rings" comes on a piece of string, which I ended up snapping because I found it quite hard to untie, but you won't all encounter this problem and was a special collection of five bubble bars for the Christmas season, obviously getting it's title from "twelve days of Christmas". At a price of only £4.75 for five bubble bars or five baths, it was total value for money. The smell of the product was not overly empowering and not as spicy as I imagined it to be so if you wished, you could totally combine it with a festive bath bomb. I did place two in my bathtub, which gave the bath a very bright yellow-golden colour. The small ounce of aroma which did come from these beautiful rings was one of a slightly vanilla and floral again, not very overpowering so it could be combined with other products. The Gardenia not only being the main ingredient smelt but in addition, to its fragrance, acting as an anti-inflammatory, soothing the skin of any redness or irritation, as well as offering stress relief, relieving insomnia and headaches. Working well with the vanilla which is also known for it's calming, moisturising and soothing qualities, the only problem I found with this product is just how much the glitter spread it really did get everywhere, all over my hands before placing in the bath originally. I don't recommend playing with it if you aren't going to have a bath unless you want to look like a sparkly fairy. Two of these created plenty of bubbles and even after one I pleasantly surprised by the number of bubbles there were, the product was not overly Christmassy but still fitted extremely well with the range and complimented many of the other products.
Rating: 4/5

Thank you for reading my lovelies :) I'll see you all again soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment