Saturday 5 December 2015

Tarte: I am like 365 days behind in this news, I am sorry.

Hello, Everybody.

I hope you are all well on this fine Saturday (depending where you are in the world), it is the afternoon in ever-so-windy Egypt; I'm actually really too scared to get my washing in due to this wind I'm hearing outside, that and it's also freezing outside my bed.
I have never used any Tarte cosmetics before, but I was eagerly excited to try some at some stage, currently speaking they do not sell to the area of the UK I live in and to my knowledge they are not available in Egypt either. From the many reviews I have read on their cruelty-free products, the more I read the more excited and uncontrollable my desire to get my hands on some products became. However, Tarte cosmetics the cruelty-free company, who have brought us fabulous makeup products such as the Amazonian Clay blusher's, butter lipsticks, camera lashes and many other fabulous products have been bought by Kose.

Kose corporations were founded in 1946 in Japan by Kozaburo Kobayashi, who had a desire to give create makeup and skincare products. They sell a wide range of products under brand names such as Infinity, awake, Kose, Beaute de Kose, Cosme Decorat, Jill Stuart, Albion and many others; as of March 2014 the company has 33 subsidiaries. Their main beliefs are that the success of the products is based on the care for the environment, within this "environment well fare" that includes the working environment within their company. Kose corporations are known in the beauty world for their testing on animals to ensure "products that will fulfill the clients hopes and dreams" and the company has recently bought our beloved Tarte cosmetics. So where does that leave Tarte in the land of testing on animals?

Tarte Cosmetics was founded in 1999 by Maureen Kelly, her main philosophy was to create a makeup brand that would be good for you, using natural minerals instead of highly produced, "icky" chemicals in her products and a firm belief in the environmental well-being of the planet, forever looking for ways to take care of the planet whilst making the products we all know and love.

Back to the situation at hand, Tarte was bought by Kose last year in 2014, but after only doing extensive research into Tarte recently-yes, I am aware I am very far behind, for this I can only offer my deepest apology.
So after announcing the news, Tarte has given a public "reassurance" that they will not test on Animals.

To all of our tartelettes: As you may have heard, tarte has recently been acquired by Japanese company KOSÉ. It’s truly been an amazing ride, from the little venture Maureen Kelly started in her bedroom 15 years ago to the global powerhouse we’re privileged to join. Our vision has always been to create beauty products that are ‘healthy treats for your skin,’ foster the highest level of customer service and give back to the community and the environment. By joining the KOSÉ family and adding to that rich portfolio, we can build on what we’ve already accomplished with powerful products and explore expanding the tarte brand in new and exciting countries. And rest assured we are committed to remaining a cruelty-free brand and will not test on animals. Maureen will stay on as the CEO and looks forward to continuing a lasting relationship with our tartelettes.

After many tartelettes posting their concerns and comments all afternoon, Maureen Kelly herself made an announcement to reassure all our tartelettes that they will remain an eco-friendly, cruelty-free cosmetic brand and Kose will support this decision 150%.

Hey tartelettes – It’s Maureen
I’ve been reading your comments and concerns over the past hour and wanted to let you know I hear them all loud and clear. I promise, I’m not going anywhere. I started tarte out of my one bedroom apartment and I’m still just as passionate about making innovative, eco-friendly products that deliver real results. I’ll still be in the office every day working with my team to develop new products I hope you’ll love as much as I do. Remember, tarte will NOT be testing on animals, or EVER test on animals. We are a cruelty-free company and will remain one. KOSÉ is completely on board with our position as an eco-friendly, cruelty-free company and has given tarte such a great opportunity to grow and expand around the world. It’s really an exciting time and we can’t wait to reach more tartelettes worldwide. Please look at the checklist below and be assured tarte is in great hands.
· We will remain a cruelty-free beauty brand focused on high-performance naturals™
· We will continue to manufacture our high-quality products to our exacting standards, which means our formulas will continue to be formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulfate, and gluten
· We will continue to formulate with good-for-you ingredients like Amazonian clay, maracuja, minerals, colored clay, superfruits and vitamins
· With my team, we will continue to innovate and create products we believe tartelettes will love
· We will continue to expand internationally where are our high standards are met—we can’t wait to reach more tartelettes worldwide!

In my personal belief, I will keep Tarte written as a cruelty-free company, just as I do Body Shop, NARS, Urban Decay, Burt's bees etc. However, it is noted that their mother company does test on animals.
I try to ensure that you guys are kept up to date with the latest in beauty knowledge from here on, I was aware that I did put Tarte on my cosmetics cruelty-free list. In addition to that, they have remained on the PETA cruelty-free list, however, they are not accompanied with the leaping bunny logo due to incompletion of forms.

Ultimately, it is your decision to make, I strongly encourage my readers to have independence and to make their own decisions as a consumer, with what they feel comfortable with. I hope I provide sufficient enough research and education to assist you in your purchase choices, as well as making you more aware of what it is you are consuming. You are not me, you have your own beliefs, own morals, own principles and you are able to make your own decision so you OWN that freedom! I do deeply apologise for being unaware of Tarte being owned by Kose and not including this on the cruelty-free list. I will do my up-most best to stay on top of all news beauty so you have the knowledge first.

Until we meet again ladies and Gents,
Chow for now! xox  

No comments:

Post a Comment